Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 5

We are very lucky to have an extra fridge and freezer in our home.  For awhile now, I've been cooking  enough for several meals and then I've frozen  the extra meals for a future day.  The stash has been growing in anticipation of the day I'd need those meals.

                                                  THE DAY HAS COME

This sounds so wonderful and I'll bet right about now, when so many restaurants are closed, you're wishing you had done the same thing.

I was patting myself on the back....so organized  that I even put leftover main courses in containers with red lids and I put veggies and sides in containers with blue lids...... until I went to the secondary freezer this afternoon and pulled out 2 containers to thaw out for dinner.   I won't tell you just yet what the problem was but I know it  will continue to be a problem  until all of the food has been thawed out and eaten.


My husband came into the kitchen, looked at the containers with different lid colors and asked, " "Honey, what are we having for dinner"?

I said, "Heck if I know".  He was kinda surprised by my answer and asked me to explain.

I did.

It seems I never labeled the containers with the contents  so from now on, every meal will be a surprise.  Hopefully, whatever I thaw out in the future will pair together better than tonight's meal.

Tonight was  Asian Shrimp in a sesame and garlic sauce  paired with Italian string beans.  Strange, but filling.

This gives "Pot Luck" a new meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment