Monday, June 8, 2020

Day 76



Well, this originally was supposed to be a personal account of how we spent 30 days in isolation but it has now turned into 76 days, with very little hope of it ending anytime soon.


My husband and I like to give each other space and though we are close, we are not attached at the hip every single minute of every single day.  So, having a spouse as the only source of conversation was a bit of a strain for the first few days. We adjusted and it looks like we will be celebrating our 57th anniversary next month.

  On  Day 70 I wasn't so sure..

That's when we really started to claim our territory...and our snacks.
\
When I go shopping, I buy Anthony his special snacks and I buy myself my special snacks. The reason being is that we each like separate goodies.  I don't have a problem with that.  What's his is his;  What's mine is mine.

But on Day 66, I reached for a Tupper Ware container that held my favorite cookies and thought  there should have been more in there. But, I could have been wrong so I let it go. These are cookies I only snack on occasionally, so maybe I was forgetful about how many were left.   

The next evening, Day 67, I went to the freezer to get a scoop of my raspberry/chocolate  cheesecake ice cream.  It's one of my favorites and he doesn't like raspberry anything, or so he says. It had been awhile since I had indulged so I couldn't remember whether the amount was as I left it or not. Again, I wasn't sure so I served myself a nice amount which left only one more serving in the container.

Flash forward to Day 70.......We're watching TV and I get up to get the last serving of my favorite ice cream and I can't find the container. 

Are you following me here?

Since there are only 2 of us in the house, I KNEW!!!!!

I turned and just looked at him.  I couldn't believe he had broken the unwritten law of "Hands off other people's snacks".  And yet I said nothing.

To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment