Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Day 100



Oh, Dear God.   Did I ever think we'd reach a triple digit number of days of self-quarantining and social distancing?  No, I did not.

I won't deny the fact that this is testing me....big time.

Little things that used to bother me have now become big things that bother me.

Case in point...The Last One.

Does that mean anything to you? It does to me.  It means I have to open a new box, or refill the jar or restock the whatever.

Many, many moons ago do you recall my mentioning  a contract of sorts where household  responsibilities were to be shared as the situation came up? I remember; my husband doesn't.

Consequently, I find the tea pitcher almost empty, but not completely, so he's excused from making tea and refilling the pitcher.

Pringles potato chips....2 chips at the bottom means the container doesn't yet need to be thrown away.

Toothpaste....one itsy bitsy squeeze from being completely empty.

Toilet paper....3 squares remaining on the roll and the cabinet empty of spare rolls.  This is something I always check, and for obvious reasons.  This is the one I always mention (nag about) to my husband.

These were little things, but not anymore.  Not after 100 days of close quarters.

Last night, I checked the toilet paper situation and sure enough...3 squares and no spare roll.

I thought it might be time for a meaningful lesson.  You know me well enough by now to see where this is going, don't you?

I always wake up before my husband does and this morning it was no different.

 Except I removed all the extra toilet paper rolls from our "Primary" bathroom along with the boxes of facial tissues. ( I'm grinning as I type this.)  I left 3 squares on the existing roll.

Then I went outside to have my coffee and to enjoy the view, knowing I would be hearing someone call my name for help.  And I did.

And since no one enjoys drinking a cold cup of coffee, it took awhile to respond while I finished my coffee and to bring him what he desperately needed.

Meaningful lesson learned, I think.

Sicilian wives are great teachers.

BTW, my toe is fine, but I lost half the nail.

2 comments:

  1. we know how to be understanding but we sigh and complain to facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so good to vent and learn others are experiencing the same things.

    ReplyDelete