Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Day 84



I'd like to think we should be masters of our own Fate.  And sometimes that comes about as a result of deep meaningful conversations, some negotiating and sometimes it's simple desperation that results in the lesser of evils.

My husband and I just participated in one of those conversations. I wanted him to be in control of future events.  I wanted him to know what to expect.  And I wanted him to choose what was going to happen.

Last night, my sleep was continually interrupted by melodic sounds coming from the person in bed next to me.  I was awakened many times by a cacophony of sounds that ranged from snorts, to grunts to nasal whistles. He, of course, being the source of these sounds was completely oblivious to the annoyance of them.

He slept; I didn't.

I tried gently nudging him into a different sleeping position.  No response from him. I tried slightly tapping the side of his face.  I tried slightly shifting his pillow. Still he continued to make the same sounds that only seemed to be getting louder and louder.  I was feeling like Edgar Allan Poe and the Tell Tale Heart.

And then, I reached over in one last attempt to get some sleep and I pinched his nostrils shut. That had the desired effect.  He gasped and then he rolled over on to his side and slept quietly the rest of the night.  And so did I. 

This morning it was time for "The Talk".

I let him know what had happened the night before. I informed him I was going to take measures to ensure it didn't happen again.  And I gave him a choice of how he'd like me to handle the situation.

 He's been warned.

Did I mention I've been letting my toenails grow?  And he now has a stash of band aids on his nightstand.


No comments:

Post a Comment