Monday, May 4, 2020

Day 43




I'm watching more TV these days than I have in the past and I'm noticing something.  (I'm always noticing something, aren't I?)

Characters under stress seem to pour a drink at home or head to a bar to calm down, relax and just regenerate. And they may even light a cigarette and take a big breath before exhaling.

In my world, that's not real life.

In my world, that person would head to the kitchen, pour a big glass of ice cold milk, reach for glazed doughnuts.....at least 4 and maybe 6.....dunk a doughnut, take a bite, then a swallow of milk and then exhale. Tell me that won't relax you and put you to sleep in a sugar induced coma.

Speaking of eating....and I'm doing that a lot these days....

Restaurants are reopening today,  but if you're being cautious you're still wearing masks.  If you're going out to eat, this is the time to switch to a scarf/bandana instead.  You'll look like a stage coach robber, but you can reach under the bandana and put food to mouth or straw to lips and enjoy a meal. Trust me; this works.  My research has been thorough and diligent.

I'm sure being at home with a companion has led to couples getting impatient with each other.  We're no exception to that. But, my husband has been wonderful.

After a particularly tough day yesterday, he's offered to fix dinner tonight and said he's going out to get fresh veggies, even willing to harvest them. He was even doing online searches to see how to tell the difference between edible mushrooms and poison mushrooms to make sure we're safe.   

Such a sweet man.

No comments:

Post a Comment