Friday, May 22, 2020

Day 61



Let me pick up where I left off yesterday and tell you about the rest of my day.....

My Mom loved cactus pears and considered them a delicacy and I agree.   I only got to taste them after she picked them, cleaned them and prepared them.

There are things about cactus pears I was not aware of.  They're also known as prickly pears and for a good reason.

There's an empty lot not far from our home that has several cactus type trees growing on it.  Yesterday was the first time I saw cactus pears growing on the trees and they were a beautiful, rosy color and just so tempting to pick.

So, I walked over to the lot, picked the fruits, wrapped them in cloths and placed them in the pockets of  my oversized trousers (pajama bottoms, actually)

I kinda knew right away I shouldn't have done that.  Immediately my hands started to sting and itch and so did the sides of my thighs that were directly under the pockets.

 Lesson learned...those spiny little things all over those fruits are similar to stinging nettles.  I threw away the pears, the cloths and the pajama bottoms because those things had imbedded themselves into the very fiber of the fabrics and would not come out.

I'll never pick those things again.


But, to today.....

I went through the drive through at a local bank today requesting a certified check in a larger amount than usual. Immediately I could sense this wasn't a welcome withdrawal.  I was told the manager had to approve the withdrawal.

Then I had to show several forms of identification and lots of stall tactics. And then the questions....Why was I withdrawing the money? What was I going to do with it?  Was I sure I wanted to withdraw this amount?  And finally, I got ticked off and  fed up and just told the teller that I was being blackmailed and this was pay-off money and that I needed it ASAP.

I should not have done that.

 Apparently, the teller had no sense of humor and  alerted the Bank Security Officer, who then came out to my car and searched to see if I was alone in my car or being threatened by someone hiding in the back seat.

It took a lot of talking to convince the officer that I was kidding so that they'd give me my check.


I  know ya'll think I make these things up, but I assure you this is my life.....Very few dull moments.


1 comment:

  1. I love your sense of humor. I have a pretty good one, but have found in my 78 years, that not many people have one. So don't worry, be yourself, because you will live a lot longer than those who don't have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete