Sunday, May 24, 2020

Day 63




Here we are.  Isn't this where we are everyday now? For the most part, on the inside looking out.

Caught in a conundrum.....the ability to go out and safely mingle with others but tempered with the fear of doing so.

We will be celebrating our 57th wedding anniversary in July. I have to say that these last 63 days have proven to be the most difficult tests of "togetherness" we've experienced in all of the years we've known each other. 

You'll understand what I mean when I tell you that I have a good divorce attorney's phone number on speed dial.....just in case.

We are still learning lessons on a daily basis.

Some of which are:

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy.

It's good to have more than one TV in the house.

Gritting your teeth can lead to TMJ.

Biting your tongue is better than saying what you think.



My next home will not have a working kitchen.....only a microwave oven and a mini-fridge.


When I said "I do" so many years ago there was an understanding of what was expected in the marital agreement.  And that was fine.


But, I never signed on to cook meals for 63 days in a row.  Did you?

I don't EVER again want to hear the words, "Honey, what's for dinner?"

I'm ready to retire from the kitchen duties.




3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to feed the furniture maker, fixer upper, OB GYN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to feed the furniture maker, fixer upper, OB GYN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's being fed, for now. I don't know how much longer the kitchen will be staying open.

    ReplyDelete