Monday, May 18, 2020

Day 57





There are many things one could say about filters. Some things are medically related, some are fact related and some are hygiene related.

For myself, the best filter I have is the one that connects my thoughts to my words.

I promise you, that if I didn't have this filter I'd be a social pariah, shunned and ostracized and likely incarcerated.

Yesterday I was trying to recall the name of a comic whose routine included an outrageous rant of things he was thinking and wanted to say followed by what he actually did say.

I have a mouth on me. I don't always use a genteel lady's vocabulary. And I can slice with words before the first drop of blood is even evidenced.

 This comic  was years ahead of his time. While his jokes made me laugh, I didn't realize he was teaching me some valuable Life lessons
.
I wish others had watched his shows and would put into practice what he preached.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing and reading insulting comments made "in defense" of one's political position or beliefs.  Some are not only insulting, they are cruel and intended to inflict permanently etched painful "gotchas".  People are labeled with ".......ist" words that do not apply.  Enough is enough in my opinion.

Once we begin a conversation with inflammatory words it's a signal for the other person to "put up his dukes" and the lines of communication shut down.

Trust me, if I can play nice, others certainly could, too. 


How about trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment