Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day 56



I took the day off yesterday to do absolutely nothing except to Time Travel through old pictures.

I took the time to go through many saved pictures of family get togethers, birthdays, anniversaries and events like that.

While the memories touched me and made me smile, the stark reality that we'll likely never go back and be able to casually assemble in those ways without care or worry  hit home.

Will those concerns be justified?  I don't know. Will the risk to throw caution to the wind be worth it?  I don't know.

What I do know is there's a generation growing up that will never experience the carefree lifestyles the people of my age grew up living.

They won't even know what they are missing. They won't know how good it feels to get and give a hug when greeting a friend. Or to get a pat on the shoulder for a job well done. These are such simple gestures we all took for granted but they connected us as sympathetic, supportive individuals that cared for each other. 

In my opinion, human contact is severely under rated. Without it we become immune to others' pain, joys and feelings. We become "neutrals" to each other in this world of beings.

I mourn the loss of these touchy/feely experiences.....for those of us who know what we are missing and even more for those who will never know the pleasures of a caring, supportive and demonstrative human touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment