Friday, May 15, 2020

Day 54




There are milestones in my life that I vividly remember. Some are related to emotional events and some are related to physical events.

I remember my first date with the person I would eventually marry. We were such different people, that friends couldn't understand the dating connection and they certainly didn't think the marriage would last beyond a year or two.  And here we are, 56+ years later approaching our 57th anniversary.

I remember in great detail the births of my two children.

And, I remember going to bed at 49 years of age looking just fine...fit and in good shape...and waking up with body parts that were 4 inches lower and 4 inches wider than they were the day before. 

  How that happened is beyond me, but I've learned to live with the results.


What has happened over the past 54 days has been more subtle and more insidious.

I stepped out of the shower yesterday and looked in the mirror.  (Big mistake)

I now realize that when this isolation period is over, that if someone comes up behind me to give me a hug around my waist, that I am going to be fondled instead of hugged.


Forget an anti-virus vaccine.  I want an anti-gravity vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment