Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 51





What would ya'll do without me warning you of the pitfalls of trying new techniques and discovering time saving procedures?

You'd think I would learn that using medical tape, even if it's labeled "gentle removal", should be handled with care. You'd think that after several mishaps, I would give up and not ever go near it again. You'd think that, wouldn't you?

 Present day situation....

I am so fortunate to have a hair appointment tomorrow.  There are several procedures I'm going to have done to my hair .  It's highly recommended that clients wear face masks to the salon. So, I plan to do this.

Knowing that any bands behind my ears would obstruct the application of color and that those bands would make a haircut difficult, I tried to think of a solution.

And, of course, I thought of medical, paper tape.  I specifically bought wide tape that would be easy to apply and would be easy to remove.  I made sure it said "gentle removal".


Okay,

Step 1......remove the bands from the face mask

Step 2.....placing the face mask front side down on a flat surface, attach strips of tape                   along the sides of the face mask

Step 3......remove eyeglasses, and position the face mask over the nose and mouth                        area

Step 4......firmly press on the tape to make sure the mask is securely in place

Step 5......DO NOT add additional tape to the top of the face mask in the under eye area

Gentle removal, my arse!  Not from all areas of the face.

I'm  wondering when the scabs will form and how long before my face returns to normal.

2 comments:

  1. What cheap ass tape did you buy????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not an off brand...Band Aid, Curad and CVS....I tried all three.

      Delete