Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 60



Where have I been?  I don't mean physically.  I mean mentally.

I had a rude awakening yesterday. I had a reality check.

I'm  reading so much about the "vulnerable" persons that need to be protected.  The News is focused on the seniors who are frail and in need of protection from this virus. There are recommendations that they stay in quarantine even longer than the younger folk. They should have others bring them their foods and staples and not go to the stores so as not to risk contamination. They should even consider not rejoining the work force.

Yesterday was my day for grocery shopping. And since it's become my Social Event of the week, I took great pains to look presentable.

I combed my hair, applied my make-up.....with emphasis on the eyes since that's the only thing that can be seen with a facial mask on........put on a pair of big hoop earrings and was ready to go.

And I looked in the mirror.   SHOCKER.....The person looking back at me wasn't the same person looking out at the reflection.


And that's okay.

It turns out that the "They" the News is trying to protect is, in fact, ME.

I just don't relate to the age category into which I'm being lumped. Is this weird?
I "see" myself and many of my friends as persons who still have some active Life left in them.  Are we the exceptions?

To those of you in my age bracket, I ask you, " Do you see yourself as a person who should relegate yourself to sitting on the sidelines, watching the leaves fall from the trees or do you see yourself as a "kick ass" kind of person who intends to live and enjoy Life until you just can't anymore"?

I have no intention of trading my game time, kicking shoes for slippers anytime soon.

 Who is on my team?

No comments:

Post a Comment