Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day 48

Is it just me? 

I've been getting some strange emails lately from businesses trying to sell me their products or services.

One was from a health food company asking if I'm sure I'm eating enough. I felt like taking a selfie of myself in a bathing suit and responding with, "I'm not sure.  You tell me."  

For sure, I'd be off their mailing list.

Then I got one from WOMAN WITHIN that included an online catalog for clothing for oversized women.  Are these people in cahoots?

And then there was a job offer from a Work From Home company. I got suspicious when the job requirements included the ability to engage in lengthy phone conversations and  the ability to be imaginative when describing relationships. But having nothing else to do, I thought I'd check it out and apply.

I failed the phone interview.

I was asked to use some nasty, dirty words in  some  sentences. 

My responses ......

"The toilets in our house haven't been cleaned in 42 days and there are stains and spots all over them and the floor." 

"We don't shower or bathe everyday to save on the water bill"



Apparently, that's not what they wanted to hear.



A while back I joined Nutrisystem and was successful in losing 27 pounds.  That was before the self isolation thing, and one pound has led to another and I'm starting on the program again before I regain the entire 27 pounds.

I read the instructions on how to cook  a breakfast package this morning. The breakfast was a one egg omelet, certainly not a huge portion.

But included in the directions was a reminder to refrigerate any leftovers.  Are you kidding me? The reason I and many others are even dealing with Nutrisystem is that we never have leftovers!  This omelet never had a chance to be a leftover.



No comments:

Post a Comment