Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Day 45



 It was subtle at first.  Then it became blatant.

 I thought it was my imagination.  Then I knew it was fact.

Women in their 70's are disappearing from lead roles in movies.

News anchors are younger, with fixed brows and foreheads...doesn't matter if it's due to Botox or not.  They're blonde, wide eyed, and very young.

Have you noticed that magazines only have make-up tips for women in their 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's? So women in their 70's shouldn't even think about improving their appearance by applying their make-up differently?

Same thing for suggested hairstyles by decades.  After we hit our  60's, I suppose "they" think we're bald.

The one thing we had that was ours, if we chose to expose it, was our silver strands of hair.  We worked hard for this silver.  And now grey hair is trending among the younger generations? They're stealing our thunder.

I mentioned to a younger someone today that when the salons eventually open I thought I'd let my hair grow rather than cut it.  I was thinking it would be nice to pull it back in a low pony tail or bun or a French twist. 

She looked at me and asked, "Do you know how many years it's going to take to get it that long"? I just looked at her and responded with, "Are you saying you don't think I'll be around for that many years"?

Damn.  I'm going to stick around until it grows that long just to prove to her that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment