Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day 11


Sometimes Lady Luck deals ya’ all the right cards and you get 4 Aces and a Deuce.

This social isolation could drive a person bonkers if you happen to be living in close, solitary quarters with the wrong person.

I got lucky.  My husband is easy going, handy around the house and though he’s a Type A personality, he takes it one day at a time.

Oh, did I mention that he’s trusting?   I bring this up because he needed a haircut and knowing I have hair shears, thinning scissors and a straight edged cutting razor, he asked if I thought I could cut his hair.

Okay, I’m not telling the whole truth.  

He didn’t want me to cut his hair, but I insisted until he gave in. I assured him that I could do it.  And he let me cut his hair!!!  I couldn’t believe it!

I sat him down, wrapped a towel around his shoulders, spritzed his hair and after promising  him that I definitely would not slice his ear, I began cutting.  I kept my promise. I did not cut his ears and I did not draw blood. 

I have explained to him that it takes practice in order to develop a skill .....  and for the time being,  it seems that he’s okay with wearing a towel around his head until the bald spots fill in.  After all, where is he going for the next 28 days?




What a doll!

Tomorrow I get to polish his nails and give him a shave.

How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment