Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day 31


I'm starting to plan ahead for the day we are allowed to go out in public and, with some restrictions, mingle with others. I want to look my best when this happens.

I thought watching someone apply make-up online so I could watch, repeat, do it, and just become a butterfly would be an easy way  to learn make-up tricks.

Have you watched YouTube make-up tutorials lately??

First, it defeats the purpose when they start off with someone who is already beautiful sans cosmetics. I want to see a miracle occur....a great transformation from a crow to a peacock. So, give me a homely person who can inspire me.

Is this asking too much? Obviously, it is.

Okay, let's begin.  Please ignore the fact that I really need a haircut...bad.

Using a small amount of vaseline as a moisturizer under the make-up base results in a youthful, dewy look, they say.

Putting rose colored blush under the eyes will hide shadows, they say.

Bronzing powder along the jaw line, disguises a saggy jaw line, they say.

Harsh, dark eyeliner is out.  A smokey look is in, they say. So I'm supposed to smudge the liner.

What's this "blending" thing she's talking about? I guess you learn about it as the tutorial progresses.  I'm okay with that.

Blush should be applied above  the hollow of your cheeks, they say. Well, 30 days ago I did have hollows.  Today, it's a different story.

Oh, here's a hint to create hollows...Suck in your cheeks and in that area, apply a brush stroke of bronzer at an angle towards your hairline, they say. I'm left with a distinct line of dark color, but I guess that's where the blending comes in.

Here comes directions on how to create kissable lips.  I'm good with that.  Apparently, with age, the upper lip drops a bit to create an awkward gap between the nose and upper lip.  Barring cosmetic surgery, this space can be disguised by the use of a lip liner pencil.  Simply creating a new lip line that extends the upper lip up by about 1/4" and then filling in the lips with lipstick, will give me a "pucker pout", they say.

Now, comes the blending part.  With a soft touch, I am to place a blending brush at the places where the different  cosmetics and colors are on my face.  Moving in quick, circular motions, all of the textures and colors will blend, they say.

You see where this is heading, don't you?

I followed the directions.  What  the heck happened?





No comments:

Post a Comment