Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 33




If I could only go back to March 24th of this year....actually, March 23rd. 

What's the significance of March 23rd, you ask.  Well, that's the day I cancelled my hair appointment that was scheduled for 2:45 on the 24th.  Had I known than that hair salons would be forced to close for an undetermined length of time, you bet I would not have canceled.

But, here I am, along with millions of other women bemoaning the fact that our grey hairs are really showing and that we are in desperate need of haircuts. It has been 12 weeks, 12 long weeks, since I've had my hair done and I'm looking at several more weeks before it will happen.

Those women who regularly got Botox injections are noticing major changes in their faces. Those who got nail gels don't have the well manicured hands they had before the closings. 

The truth is, we don't look as good as when this started.

My husband says I've changed and he wants the old me back again. I see a little change, 
but not all  that much.

  What do you think?  Maybe it's the earrings?




Enough of my whining, though.  I have to share this with you.

Something good has come out of this isolation thing.

My husband has never been very religious and now he is praying, a lot, all during the day.  And he has a favorite prayer.  It's so sweet to hear.

In fact, he starts his day off with his prayer each morning when he rolls over in bed and looks at me and says, "Oh, dear God". 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment