Sunday, April 26, 2020

Day 35


Today you're hearing from someone else.  This isn't Marilyn.  It's her other half.  I'd say better half, but  I would never want her to feel like less than an equal partner. Also, after being married for 56 years, I know pay backs come in many shapes and forms. They can be subtle; they can be painful.  

It's not just the women who want this isolation thing to be over. Do you know how hard it is to adjust to being the one who has to explain what you've done all day when you've been the one doing the asking all these years?

I sympathize with the women who have husbands home just hanging around, moping. These men are now second guessing the way the wives have  done things for years. Drawers are now being left open. We're forgetting to turn off lights.

What a revelation these 35 days have been. I feel like I'm in a de ja vu moment all over again every single day.  I never knew there were so many things that needed to be done during the day.  I certainly was wrong when I pictured my wonderful wife watching TV, chatting with friends and sipping wine on the patio most of the day.

I've learned so much.

It's not fun  to have to do things only to have to do them again the next day and the next day. I'm talking about mundane things like fixing the bed, washing clothes, dusting, vacuuming, cooking. These are not very exciting tasks, but without them a household just doesn't run smoothly.

Homemakers have a thankless job and often go unappreciated.  They are unpaid workers that start off early in the morning and work late into the night.

If a man has a caring partner that makes sure his life is running smoothly, then he needs to step up and show his appreciation and gratitude.  A simple thank you would go a long way and an occasional splurge on a little special something would be a wonderful added bonus to show how much love is felt.

I'm including a selfie of myself so you know it's really me writing this entry.  Don't worry; things are fine here.






No comments:

Post a Comment