Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 32


How many days have we been in isolation?  How many more do we have to look forward to??

By now, if you're like me, you have examined every nook and cranny of the inside of your home.  

You know  where every fingerprint is, where every furniture scratch is, which chair leg is loose and every spot where your dog has relieved himself.

I got to this place in my mind about a week and a half ago. And being an observant ( and easily bored)  person, I started to focus on the outside of our neighbors' houses, their cars, their overgrown grass and the weeds in their yards. I even counted the shingles on their roofs.

That lasted about 3-4 days and the boredom set back in.  Looking at the exterior of their homes just wasn't enough.  I started to wonder about the insides of their homes.  What did the rooms look like? What were those people doing?  That's normal, isn't it?

I noticed some windows with open curtains and blinds. Windows that gave me some insight into what was going on.  I admit it sounds creepy, but it really wasn't a big deal.  

And it got me outside, enjoying fresh air , alone and not bothering anyone.

All was going well, until last night......

There is no greater shock than peering through a neighbor's window with high powered binoculars than seeing that same neighbor staring back at you through his binoculars.

  I nearly fell off my ladder .

I think getting back to a normal neighborly relationship is going to take some explaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment