Saturday, April 18, 2020

Day 27



I think, deep down, that each of us wants to be remembered in at least a small way so that we don't go through Life as a colorless "thing" that no one ever recalls seeing or interacting or engaging with.

I found a way yesterday.  Not the best way, but I guarantee shoppers at Lowe's Garden Shop won't forget me anytime soon.

I need to give you some background first so you know how I got to where I was yesterday and you'll know how to avoid having the same thing happen to you.


How it started........

I've learned that if you sit at a computer for hours that your ankles will really swell.

I've learned from personal experience that if you buy thigh high compression stockings in the recommended size, it will require the help of another person (or two) to simply get them on.  I've learned to  be prepared to cut the darned things off or risk suffering excrutiating pain at the ankles as they wrap around and cut off the circulation as you attempt to pull them off.  (If you think I'm exaggerating, ask my cousin, Pauline.)

I've  also learned  that if you buy a larger size that allows you to put them on by yourself, they can (and will ) slide down your legs at inopportune moments.  If you're out in public when this happens, be aware that other persons will stare at the huge wrinkles (that look like floppy skin)  that have formed at your ankles and that are now dragging behind you.  

At this point, just ignore the stares and head to the nearest bathroom to take them off. 
There is no way to pull them up  and expect them to stay up.

And that's how it ended.....I'm going to have to shop at  Home Depot now.



Another lesson I learned:

Do you know that if you're lucky enough to find the make-up base that you can't find, in the impossible shade that everybody uses, at half the price with free shipping on Ebay, that it's too good to be true? 

Let me just say that the Pale Ivory shade I ordered came to me in a sealed box and jar with the correct color label on in it, but in reality has turned me into more of a Pocahontas than Elizabeth Warren ever dreamed she could be.


No comments:

Post a Comment